This summer is going FAST. I feel like, for the most part, we've been packing a lot in, though.
We bought a new car! Our cars are both the same age (8-9 years old) with lots of miles (99,000 and 155,000) on them, so we figured it'd be a good idea to buy one new car now, so that we avoid having to buy two new cars at the same time, since most likely, our cars have about the same lifespan. It's a Mazda3. We really like it! It's primarily going to be Wes's car, but it will replace my car in the sense that it will be the one we drive on longer trips now. (Before, anytime we had to go somewhere together, we would take my car). I remember going to car dealerships with my parents as a kid when we needed to buy a new car, and being deathly bored by it all, but when we bought our own I was grateful for the experience. We looked at the Honda Civic, the Nissan Altima and Sentra, the Hyundai Elantra, and the Mazda3. We didn't like the Elantra very much - you could really feel the road. The Altima was -nice-, but a little out of our price range. The Sentra was in our price range, but not as nice. The only one besides the Mazda3 I really liked was the Civic, but the Mazda3 was just as nice for cheaper. Anyway, we're excited! It makes me want to just drive places for no reason. I've never bought a car before - my old car was my parents', and was gifted to me when I became a junior in college and needed a car.
One of my best friends from high school is moving about five minutes from my house! I'm excited about that. I currently have one good friend from college who lives close, but other than that, I don't know anyone around here very well. So I'm really excited at the prospect of having TWO good friends live within five minutes of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment