Monday, October 1, 2012

Profession?

I am seriously considering either a job location change or an entire profession change. I am tense and stressed ALL the time this year. I spent my entire weekend grading (and almost all of last weekend grading), and several hours after school every other day in the last couple of weeks, and I'm still not caught up. Every week we have a meeting where they throw NEW things at us that we have to do, without fully explaining how we're supposed to do them. The administration has made several schedule changes within the last month about THIS school year. I have several students who are failing because they absolutely refuse to do any work, and yet somehow this will be considered MY fault. I can't figure out if my frustration is about the profession in general or simply my current district... I am leaning toward district, since while people in other districts seem frustrated, they don't seem to have the same level of frustration that people in my district currently do. Regardless of what happens, something's got to give. I have no desire to spend the rest of my life in this constant state of tension. I would like to at least enjoy a weekend every once in awhile without worrying about the vast amount of catching up I'll have to do if I take some time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment